Barbara's Random Thoughts

Monday, August 22, 2005

The other side of the story.

I spent about 3 1/2 hours in Modesto yesterday in an Amtrak-thwarted attempt to meet up with a good friend I haven't seen in about a year. (Modesto, sadly, is about the only logical halfway point between Palo Alto and Fresno.) Thanks to the wonder that is the cell phone, we got to talk for a bit about mission, ministry, and other stuff that's been kicking around my head as I sat in the Modesto train station and she sat on a train outside Merced. I think it was the first time I've interrupted a conversation with, "Hang on, train passing."

Oddly enough as it turned out, I was initially more worried about my form of transport yesterday than I was about Sarah's. I spent various portions of the drive repeating "don't catch fire, don't catch fire" to my car under my breath. But we made it just fine, and at least my little car got a last trip semi-worthy of mention. One more week, little car, then a bittersweet goodbye.

Anyway, Sarah's just started a blog (woohoo!), and I'm gratuitously linking to her side of the story here.
| posted by Barbara | 8:25 AM