Barbara's Random Thoughts

Thursday, April 01, 2004

100 Things

In continuation of the "All About Me" theme of the day...here are lots of things about myself!

I ripped this off from tequila mockingbird. (Side note: I love this blog. For a long time, Kristy and I have joked about starting up a restaurant just so we could have a drink on the menu called the Tequila Mockingbird. This site is cool enough that somehow I don’t even feel miffed about somebody else coming up with the name, too.) I was playing in the archives one day, and came across this post. I did a little googling and found this. Anyway, I thought I’d give it a shot myself. It reminded me of the game two truths & a lie. Especially since I always have a hard time coming up with the lie. It really is hard to come up with 100 things, though. Enjoy….

100 things about me:
1. I believe in God.
2. I believe the Bible.
3. I believe in prayer.
4. I don’t believe in evolution.
5. I believe words don’t have any inherent meaning.
6. I believe words can have tremendous power.
7. I'm a book person.
8. I devour books at a sometimes alarming rate.
9. I've read War and Peace.
10. I've read Don Quixote.
11. I’ve never read Les Miserables.
12. I’m not a phone person.
13. I am an email person.
14. I’ve lived in England.
15. I used to have an English accent.
16. I used to have blond hair.
17. I’ve studied in Italy.
18. I love to travel.
19. I wish I could travel more.
20. I've met the Queen of England.
21. I wear glasses to drive.
22. I love Kinder Eggs.
23. I don’t own enough bookshelves.
24. I don’t own a couch.
25. Over the course of 7 years, I had 19 roommates/housemates.
26. I lived with seven of those roommates/housemates for a year or more.
27. Right now I live alone.
28. I live in the Bay area.
29. I love the beach.
30. I am a youngest child.
31. But I don’t act like one.
32. I have three nieces.
33. And one nephew.
34. Who shares my birthday!
35. I can say “Not if you were the last man on earth” in Italian.
36. I rarely exercise.
37. I don't weigh enough to give blood.
38. That's fine with me, because I have a phobia about needles anyway.
39. I like Trivial Pursuit.
40. I like board games/card games/games in general.
41. But I don't like relationship games.
42. Sometimes I think too much.
43. I have a hard time letting people get close to me.
44. I'm not good at being friends with guys.
45. I don't believe in soulmates.
46. I make boring sexy.
47. And, shockingly after that last revelation, I’ve never had a boyfriend.
48. I like to tell people that the reason I've never had a boyfriend is because my obesity scares the men away.
49. I’m never sarcastic.
50. I think it's funny to take things completely literally.
51. I'm extremely hard on myself.
52. I hate confrontation. Avoidance, avoidance, avoidance.
53. I play the violin.
54. I sing.
55. But not in the shower.
56. I do sing along in the car, though.
57. But usually only if I'm alone.
58. I drive faster when I’m happy.
59. I don’t like cola.
60. I love cranberry juice.
61. I don’t like mint.
62. I like salty more than sweet.
63. I've never learned to ride a bike.
64. I love Alias. Even with Evil Lauren.
65. I watched every episode of Joe Millionaire.
66. And I am not ashamed of that!
67. I've become a TV junkie lately.
68. I'm attempting to change that.
69. I'm not fond of facial hair on men.
70. Or on women, either, for that matter.
71. Indecisiveness bothers me.
72. Especially in myself.
73. I was home schooled.
74. I graduated from high school two years early.
75. I took 5 years to finish college.
76. I have a Master’s degree in English.
77. I’m compulsively responsible.
78. I alphabetize my CDs.
79. And my movies.
80. I categorize my books and alphabetize within those categories.
81. I’m hopeless.
82. My name is written on a beam in the ceiling of Ely Cathedral.
83. The story that goes with #82 is probably not as interesting as the one you’re imagining.
84. I hate the phrase “Bye for now!”
85. The phrase “Back in the saddle” makes me laugh. Mockingly.
86. I often have a compulsion to mock people.
87. Not always in a good way.
88. I have a weakness for art galleries.
89. And bookstores.
90. I don't like roller coasters.
91. I've climbed Mount Sinai.
92. I've gone swimming in the Dead Sea.
93. I've eaten Belgian waffles in Belgium. Mmmmm.
94. I'm scared of being the one who loves more.
95. I prize being self-sufficient.
96. Sometimes to an unhealthy degree.
97. I wish I didn't care so much about what other people think of me.
98. Today is my birthday.
99. I've been working on these 100 things for several days now.
100. And now I am done!
| posted by Barbara | 2:23 AM