Barbara's Random Thoughts

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Names to curse with

One of the editorial assistants here, Anne, works with an author whose last name is Damschroder. I just can't resist using the author's last name as a curse word. Damschroder! Brings back fond memories of my days in the Biola Chamber Orchestra, when I would take my stand partner's name in vain. Dan Bennett! It also reminds me of one of the letters in the Ted L. Nancy book, where he claims to have a form of Tourette's that causes him to bark out men's names.

I love creative exclamations like these. I taught Jude "Oh, for the love of bald men" last summer. I recently heard someone use "Oh, for the love of Google" and found it also quite amusing. Anyone have others they'd like to share? C'mon, people, make me laugh and expand my vocabulary.
| posted by Barbara | 10:53 PM