Barbara's Random Thoughts

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

So this is being grown up

The year 2000 was a big wedding year for me. It was the summer I attended five weddings in four weekends, as well as a few other weddings not occurring on consecutive weekends. Julie & Brian, Paul & Bonnie, Amy & Joe, Pam & Marcos, Amy & Uel, Sarah & Dan, Jacob & Jeanette, Michelle & Sean...I think I attended a bridal shower or a wedding every single weekend that summer.

Weddings haven't been clustered together quite so closely since then, although last year saw a wave of babies among many friends (5, to be exact). I thought that was the next wave and that should be it for a while.

But the past couple of weeks have resulted in the announcement of 2 more pregnancies and an engagement. Sadly, my first reaction to the engagement announcement was to think "Here we go again!" I really am very happy for them. I sincerely am. But I feel just a little like Anne of Green Gables: "How horrible it is that people have to grow up -- and marry -- and CHANGE!"

In other related news, my friend Suzanne recommends eHarmony.
| posted by Barbara | 2:01 AM