Barbara's Random Thoughts

Friday, February 17, 2006

"I wish I could tell you, but I just can't find the words..."

Life updates? What? Yeah, I haven't shared much here lately.

Um, ok....the big thing is that I am definitely going to South Africa for a couple of weeks with Nieu Communities. In January, NC accepted my application for a Beyond Borders trip in March. Then that trip got cancelled because there weren't enough people signed up to go. Their next trip to South Africa is scheduled for the end of May, and I've decided to go ahead and join that trip in place of the March one. There was a lot of decision-making stuff that went on in my head with the back-and-forth scheduling--and I won't go into all of that here--but that's where things stand right now. I'm starting in on writing prayer letters soon...let me know if you want to know more, and I'll send you one.

Let's see, what else...I'm singing with the worship team this coming Sunday, which I'm a little nervous about, and I'll be sharing at YAF on Wednesday night, which I'm also nervous about. I'm just not good at the in-front-of-people thing (don't look at me!), but it'll be good to be stretched. I'll be taking some time this weekend to finish planning out what I'll say on Wednesday, sifting through what's been important/significant in my life and figuring out what I want to share about my spiritual journey thus far.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the problem of evil and the character of God--prompted by reading The Sparrow, which I highly recommend (thanks, Julie). Maybe I'll post more of my thoughts on this when I have the time to formulate more coherent thoughts about it. In any case, I'm really looking forward to talking about some of these issues with my book club in another week or so.

And...I'm looking forward to a lazy Presidents' Day weekend. (Or is it President's Day? I'm never quite sure.) I don't have much of anything planned, which is quite refreshing. I'm looking forward to watching the Olympics, doing some reading, and maybe getting together with some friends.

I don't have a conclusion. Sorry.
| posted by Barbara | 7:39 PM