Barbara's Random Thoughts

Monday, April 03, 2006

Birthday thoughts...

Friday was the third birthday I've celebrated in the Bay area, and it was by far the best. The day started off with a beautiful sunny drive to work. The sun gave way to rain by mid-morning, but at least it started off my day nicely. Heather called me on my drive, and we had a good chat before I had to go into work.

Fridays are usually bagel days at work...but the usual bagel benefactor was out of town, so there were no birthday bagels. But there was a birthday lunch and a birthday card and many happy birthday wishes.

The evening brought me a house filled with friends and laughter and many, many flowers. (And muscle man drink charms.) I am so very grateful for the wonderful friends I've made here and I had so much fun sharing my birthday with the girls...even if I managed to make several guys bitter by having a girls-only gathering.

My dear friend Melinda called at 11:45pm, getting in under the wire for birthday greetings on the day: "it's still your birthday, right?" It was so good to laugh and reminisce with her for a bit, before rejoining friends for the last minutes of Anne of Green Gables. "He touches her face!!!" Sigh. =)

If the birthday is any indication of things to come, 28 will be a wonderful year. Bring it on, 28.
| posted by Barbara | 8:19 AM