Barbara's Random Thoughts

Saturday, May 22, 2004

I'm Lazy

At our team lunch on Wednesday, my boss entertained us with his idea of walking to work some day this summer. He said he'd checked, and it would be about 22 miles, from San Francisco to Belmont. This is my boss. Last weekend, he hiked Half Dome on Saturday, and ran Bay to Breakers on Sunday.

Last weekend, I sat at home and read books. This is me, folks. I don't exercise. Like, ever. And I'm going hiking tomorrow. It's supposedly a fairly easy hike, pretty flat, only about 4 miles. I'm looking forward to the promised views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the Marin headlands. I'm not looking forward to the pain I know I will be in on Sunday. But I'm still gonna go.

On another note, my good friend Veronica went hiking yesterday with her boyfriend and came home engaged.

So yeah, I'm going hiking tomorrow. Wish me luck. ;-)
| posted by Barbara | 12:20 AM