Barbara's Random Thoughts

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Email exchange

This morning, I got a call from our production manager, who was wondering where a certain preface was. I hadn’t seen it, so I emailed the authors to see if they’d sent it to our assistant editor, who’s on vacation this week.

Thus ensued the following exchange, edited to protect the not-so-innocent:

From author to me:
Barbara,
We didn't do a preface! Simply forgot, I guess.

How's about I take a shot at it today and tomorrow - send you a draft asap, and we aim to have it done by Monday?

From me, to production manager, with a forward of the above email:
Well, whaddaya know? They forgot.

From production manager to me:
Preface? Oh, golly. Well, maybe there should be a preface. How about a preface?

Gee, OK.

Have I mentioned how much I love the people I work with?
| posted by Barbara | 9:01 PM