Barbara's Random Thoughts

Thursday, June 10, 2004

My week so far

We had a fire at work on Monday. No, really. The hillside next to my building caught fire. The hillside that's literally right next to the corner of the building where my desk is located. The power went out, the fire alarm went off, and we all got evacuated from the building and eventually sent home early. We even made the newspaper! Well, sort of:

The South County Fire Authority and the California Department of Forestry on Monday battled a half-acre grass fire in the Belmont Hills, at Davis Drive above Water Dog Lake and behind Ralston Intermediate School.

South County Fire Battalion Chief Dan Belville said the fire started at about 1:52 p.m. when wind caused two electrical lines to touch, resulting in a spark that ignited the vegetation below.

About 1,600 PG&E customers lost power. One business was threatened, but saved by fire crews.

One business = my work. We were threatened, but saved! Woo!

Also of note: I'm moving. Not far, and not till August, but I'll soon be packing up my belongings yet again. I went to look at a house in Palo Alto on Sunday with Julie F. from my small group at church. She's moving there in July, and they need one more person. I decided Tuesday night that I was gonna go for it, and the girls let me know yesterday that they want me to move in. I'm excited about the possibilities of what I can do with the $300/month I'll be saving on my rent! Though I'm a bit reluctant to give up the independence of living alone, I think it'll be good for me. And Julie and I have plans to decorate. This is gonna be fun!

What's not going to be so fun: moving all my stuff just 4 days after I get back from Wales. Heh.
| posted by Barbara | 8:33 PM