Barbara's Random Thoughts

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Catching up

I guess I haven't been blogging much lately. Last week was Harry Potter and nothing else. So, here you go:

Last weekend (as in June 25-27), I went home to visit family. I wanted to see my nieces and Johnny before I go off to Wales. Johnny's so big now! That's what happens with babies over the course of three months, but still!

I also got to spend a little time with Heather (we ditched Sunday School together), and it was fun to say goodbye to her (and other Wales team people) by saying "I'll see you in Wales!" Breakfast with Kristy in Uptown Whittier was great, too.

This past weekend: we got a half-day on Friday, so I caught a matinee of Spider-man 2. It was SO much fun. Saturday, I alternated between packing, reading, and watching the audio commentaries on my Season 2 Alias DVDs. Then Saturday night, I ended up watching The Patriot on TV, thinking it would be a fun Independence Day thing to do. More thoughts on that later, but let's just say that I'm probably not the poster child for patriotism this particular Fourth of July.

On Sunday, I helped out in the Sunday School class I'll be teaching for the summer--3rd through 5th graders. Since it was a holiday weekend, there were only 6 kids, but it was a good group and hopefully things will go well next week. They're using Gospel Light's VBS material as the first half of the summer curriculum—and that's exactly what we're using for the Holiday Bible Club in Wales in a couple weeks. So I am already quite familiar with next week's Sunday School lesson! Handy.

Sunday evening, I went to the YAF barbecue, which was good. After things wrapped up there, some of us headed out to find a spot to watch the fireworks at Shoreline. We ended up watching from a freeway overpass, which was interesting, but fun nonetheless.

Then yesterday I moved a carload of books over to the house in Palo Alto, and stood around in what will be my room, figuring out what will go where. I also went to see The Terminal with Julie F, and it was pretty good. Tom Hanks is great. And now the weekend is over, and it's back to work!
| posted by Barbara | 8:52 PM