Barbara's Random Thoughts

Friday, July 16, 2004

On my way

Well, I will be in an hour anyway.  I'm leaving work at 4:30 to head to the airport, and then I'm off to Wales!  I'll be reachable by email if anybody wants to harass me while I'm gone.  Don't know if I'll have a chance to blog, but I will email some updates as I get a chance.
 
Following are some thoughts I pulled together for an email that most of you probably already received.  Figured I'd post them here anyway--seems a good way to leave off here before I go. 
  
He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us.
-Acts 17:26-27
 
God has brought these verses to my attention many times over the past few years, and this passage is especially meaningful when I consider missions.  It is amazing to me to consider that God has determined the time and place where each one of us will live.  God places people where he does, when he does, for a reason—and that reason is so that people will seek Him.  
 
I leave today for a mission trip to work with children and youth in Porthcawl, Wales.  I know that God has a purpose for the young people we will meet on this trip.  These kids come from largely unchurched homes, and live in a community that for the most part sees Christianity as irrelevant.  And yet, God has placed them where they are for a reason, and God will orchestrate events so that He will be found by all who seek Him.  I am excited for this trip and all that God will do through this time of ministry.  I know God has a purpose for our team and our time in Porthcawl and I look forward to seeing all that He has in store!
| posted by Barbara | 12:26 AM