Barbara's Random Thoughts

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Article on Biola

Heather emailed me last week to say she was shocked that a whole week had gone by without me posting here. I didn't know you cared! Sniff.

Anyway, here's some interesting reading: the NY Times has a rather lengthy article up about Biola. Overall I was impressed with how informed and fair the article is. There are places where the tone comes across as that of a puzzled observer watching something pretty weird. But I suppose that's to be expected.

This quote amused me:
Except for a slightly ominous-looking 60-foot-high photographic-style mural of Jesus painted on the side of a campus building, or the occasional student carrying a large wooden cross from the gymnasium to the student center, the Biola campus appears unremarkable.

I certainly don't remember the occasional carrying of a large wooden cross from the gym to the SUB. But describing the Jesus mural as "slightly ominous-looking" is hilarious. Because it kinda is.
| posted by Barbara | 7:54 PM