Barbara's Random Thoughts

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Bragging

This is my blog, so I'm allowed to brag a little, right? My boss finally got around to announcing my promotion today with this email:

I'm pleased to announce Barbara's promotion to Assistant Editor for Philosophy/Religion. (She was actually promoted September 27th...but it took me a while to find the right words.) Barbara has done an extraordinary job for the past year as EA for our team. What pleased me most is how quickly she grasped her responsibilities and the nature of our industry, and how she is always so professional and diplomatic in communicating with our authors. She has eagerly taken on additional responsibilities and is always pleasant, efficient, prompt, and a great addition to our team.

Barbara was born in San Diego, grew up in England, and spent her recent years in LA County. She received her B.A. from Biola, her M.A. from Chapman, and a certificate from the University of Denver's Publishing Institute. She relocated to the Bay Area a year ago to accept the EA position.

Join me in congratulating Barbara on her new position.


And the president of our division even emailed me congratulations. Good feelings in the middle of this busy week...
| posted by Barbara | 9:36 PM