Barbara's Random Thoughts

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Miscellaneous

My car passed a milestone this weekend. On my drive home from LA, 10 miles away from the 152, all the numbers on my odometer flipped over and I reached 100,000 miles on my little Geo Metro. I also made it home in the shortest time yet: 5 1/2 hours.

Overall, it was a good weekend. Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day for a wedding on the beach in Dana Point. Really, no-one could have asked for nicer weather.

It was really good to be "home" for church on Sunday. I really do miss my church family. It was great to see the kids, too, though it was a short visit. My 7-month old nephew is now crawling and wearing 12-month-old clothing.

Big meeting today at work. It was a little overwhelming, because it was a reminder of how many projects I have on my plate, and how many things I need to start being more proactive with. But it was also really cool to see all the books that have published that I've worked on in the past year. It's exciting to see our 2007 list coming together, and to be starting work on new books that are my responsibility.

And now, I'm gonna go home and spend the evening watching election returns. Which is actually quite an exciting thing in itself, regardless of the outcome.
| posted by Barbara | 2:58 AM