Barbara's Random Thoughts

Friday, April 22, 2005

Decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

So I wasn't going to go to LA. Then I was. Then I wasn't. But now I am. One car rental and about $60 later, and tomorrow I'll be on the road, heading home. Can I say just one more time that I miss my family?

I can't be bothered to start a new post. So, on another note, I'm listening to Derek Webb today. And I'm thinking I need to abandon the "listening" portion of my sidebar...because I can't seem to keep up with myself. I'm cycling through too much too quickly lately.

Anyway. Derek Webb. I love Derek Webb. His lyrics rarely fail to challenge me, make me think, and move me to worship. However, I've been pondering the song "Take to the World" this afternoon. Though there are parts I love:

"take to the world this rare, relentless grace
and like the three in one
know you must become what you want to save"

...there are other parts that make me scratch my head:

"and may the bread on your tongue
leave a trail of crumbs
to lead the hungry back to the place that you are from"

That's just not an attractive simile. And then there's the fact that I like to sing the first line ("go in peace to love and to serve") as: "go in peace to love and to surf."

Sometimes my propensity for mocking really just ruins things. But it can be so fun.

Addendum: I just checked, and Derek Webb didn't write the lyrics to this particular song. Aha!
| posted by Barbara | 12:39 AM