Barbara's Random Thoughts

Friday, July 01, 2005

Thursday Thirteen

Found here. Thirteen favorite song lines...man, this was hard to whittle down.

Within the world of a girl, the words she hears they mean an awful lot
And the music in her mind when she gets older has the lyrics she was taught
--Waterdeep, "He Will Come"

Trust is not a game that naïve stupid people play in youth
--Lori Chaffer, "You Will Always Hurt"

I want so badly to believe that "there is truth, that love is real"
And I want life in every word to the extent that it's absurd
--The Postal Service, "Clark Gable"

I give myself to what looks like love
and I sell myself for what feels like love
and I pay to get what is not love
and all just because I see things upside down
--Derek Webb, "I See Things Upside Down"

You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
--U2, "One"

Learn to pretend there's more than love that matters
--Indigo Girls, "Love Will Come to You"

Two are born to cross their paths, their lives, their hearts
If by chance one turns away, are they forever lost?
--Cowboy Junkies, "Something More Besides You"

I'll be the platform shoes and undo what heredity's done to you
You won't have to strain to look into my eyes
--The Postal Service, "Brand New Colony"

The wood is tired and the wood is old,
And we'll make it fine if the weather holds
But if the weather holds, then we'll have missed the point
That's where I need to go
--Indigo Girls, "The Wood Song"

Let the road wind tie our hair in knots
and the speed and the freedom untangle our lives
--Rich Mullins, "The River"

One of us will die inside these arms
--Iron & Wine, "Naked as We Came"

Turns out not where but who you're with that really matters
--Dave Matthews Band, "Best of What's Around"

Take the dreams that should have died,
The ones that kept you lying awake
When you should have been all right
And throw 'em all away
--Toad the Wet Sprocket, "Throw it All Away"

And four more just for fun...

And you say, "Stay."
And you say I only hear what I want to.
--Lisa Loeb, "Stay"

Lucy doesn't love you.
Not like you want her to.
Some dreams don't come true.
Lucy doesn't love you.
No, she doesn't love you.
--Ivy, "Lucy Doesn't Love You"

Coin operated boy
Sitting on the shelf he is just a toy
But I turn him on and he comes to life
Automatic joy
That is why I want a coin operated boy
--Dresden Dolls, "Coin Operated Boy"

This feeling isn't purely mental
'Cause heaven rest us, I'm not asbestos
--Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong, "I Won't Dance"

I thought 13 would be plenty, but there were so many I had to cut out. Even with my extra cheating not-so-serious four. Sad.
| posted by Barbara | 1:01 AM