Barbara's Random Thoughts

Monday, October 24, 2005

YAF ministry team retreat

 
 Posted by Picasa

This weekend, I headed to Angels Camp with the YAF ministry team. This is all of us on the North Grove Big Trees Trail. It was a good, relaxing weekend of just getting to know each other better. Daryl gave a great devotional this morning about taking risks in your faith...and being willing to put yourself in situations where your faith may be tested. Quite applicable for some of the things I've been thinking about lately. I'm totally the type to live "safely" and not take risks.

I spent some time this weekend thinking back on the last couple of years...today marks the 2-year anniversary of my move to the Bay area. And I guess that move was a pretty big risk, though I didn't see it that way at the time. It's kind of exciting to see the ways I've been stretched during my time here, and to think about some of the "risks" I'm thinking about taking in the next couple years--things that I might not have considered at all had I stayed in the familiarity of SoCal. Hmm.
| posted by Barbara | 6:50 AM