Barbara's Random Thoughts

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Cute kid story

From an email from my mom:

Our Christmas tree is up! Johnny was here on Monday and was absolutely amazed. I hadn't thought about it before, but I don't think he had any memory of Christmas trees at all and Nancy hadn't been anywhere with him to see one. He stood in front of our tree, looked at it, then looked at me, and back again. Then he said, "How did chu built dat, how did chu built dat?" Then he went on to point out what was on it. It was really fun to watch.


I love that he wanted to know how they "built" the tree. My nephew is SO into building things. His dad's a carpenter, and I'm sure that's part of the fascination. When I was visiting at Thanksgiving, my dad and brother-in-law were in the process of installing a new water heater, and Johnny was enraptured. He dragged me by the hand, over to see where they were working, and exclaimed, "We gonna BUILD dat! And put nails in!"

Labels:

| posted by Barbara | 7:09 PM