Barbara's Random Thoughts

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

For your amusement

I've been attempting to get rid of a lot of the stuff that I've accumulated over the past few years. Last night, I went through the box of tapes in my closet. Yes, cassette tapes. I don't even own a cassette player anymore, haven't since I moved here, and yet these are still in my closet. As I went through the box last night, I came across some items that are just so embarrassing I have to share the moment with you all. (The effect will probably be lost on you if you aren't familiar with early-90s CCM...but that may be best.)

Arranged by increasing degrees of mortification, I present for you a tour through Barbara's embarrassing musical past.












Old school Michael W. Smith. I inherited the one on the left from my sister. I remember her playing it when we lived in England. The one on the right has the distinction of being the first tape I ever bought. I now have "You...need...a...Sa....vior...you...need...a...Saaaaviooooorrr" in my head.














Petra! Woo! Note the autographs on the cassette single on the right...I'm so cool.













Oh, yeah. Down with the DC Talk. What's really embarrassing is that I can probably quote ALL the lyrics from both of these, with little prompting.

You thought that was the grand finale, didn't you? Oh, no. No, no, no, my friends...get ready for this:















Carman. I have no words, I really don't. I own a Carman tape. This one contains some particularly hip tunes, such as: "God's Got an Army", "Get Your Business Straight with God", and (wait for it...) "The Resurrection Rap."

Labels:

| posted by Barbara | 2:05 AM