Barbara's Random Thoughts

Monday, September 24, 2007

I'll find you when I think I'm out of time

A dear friend mentioned the Jars of Clay song "The Eleventh Hour" to me a couple of years ago, when we were both thinking through some big transitions and decisions in both of our lives. I'm on the brink of more such transitions and decisions right now, and the lyrics have been on my mind a lot lately.

I've got seven weeks left here. SEVEN! That's insane. Everyone is asking me what my plans are for next year. And I wish I knew for sure. I think I was expecting to have more clarity by this point. I have this grand vision statement that I'm working on. I'm excited about it. But even so, it's a broad thing and doesn't exactly say "here's what Barbara will be doing in January 2008," which is what everyone seems to want to know. Hey, I want to know that, too.

I feel like I have some sense of where God might be leading, small inklings of what could be ahead and where I'm supposed to be. But right now that's all it is. Just a sense. I keep hearing God telling me to trust, that this will turn out well. I want to know how and what and where and when. I feel like I'm running out of time...life here is flying past and I feel like I can't grab on to anything. But I'm finding comfort in the knowledge that God speaks even in the eleventh hour...


The Eleventh Hour - Jars of Clay

Trace the shape of my heart
Till it becomes more familiar to your eyes
I’ve been lost without you, cold without your love
It’s taken days and nights to make me realize

Rescue me from hanging on this line
I won’t give up on giving you the chance to blow my mind
Let the eleventh hour quickly pass me by
I’ll find you when I think I’m out of time

Take the place of my heart,
Till I become a stranger to my life
I’ve been down without you, wrong without your love
In time will I be what you’re thinking of?

Rescue me from hanging on this line
I won’t give up on giving you the chance to blow my mind
Let the eleventh hour quickly pass me by
I’ll find you when I think I’m out of time

I’ve been wrong without you, cold without your love
In time will I be what you’re thinking of?
| posted by Barbara | 12:34 PM