Barbara's Random Thoughts

Friday, April 09, 2004

Quizzy thing

Found at andshesaid.com, and edited just because I didn't have interesting or witty answers to all of the questions. Not that all of these answers are witty or interesting, but there you go.

It was the first question that drew me in...anyone else care to share their own page 18, line 4?

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. What does it say?
I'm at work. I have three whole shelves of philosophy and religion textbooks to my right. It's really a toss-up as to which one is closest...but how about A Journey through the Hebrew Scriptures by Frank Frick. Because I like the author's name. Hee.
"…Tyndale in 1526, all English translations were based on the Vulgate."
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
In which direction? To the left, nothing. Straight ahead, my computer monitor. Up, nothing but odd looks from other EAs who see my fingers wiggling in the air above their cubicle walls. Behind me, nothing.
3. WITHOUT LOOKING, can you guess what the time is?
Right around 3pm, because they just came to pick up the mail.
4. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
3:03pm. Woohoo!
5. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Trina's salsa music playing quietly. Trina humming along to her salsa music. Annie talking to Holly. Other people typing.
6. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
At lunch. I walked over to the café to get food.
7. What are you wearing?
A big comfy grey sweater, jeans, grey snowman socks, and my black t-strap docs.
8. When did you last laugh?
About 10 minutes ago when Cheryl sent a weird news story link and I gave a witty comeback.
9. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Is a cubicle really a room? I think not. But anyway...pictures of friends and family, Shakespeare calendar, pictures drawn by Emily, and my JDE database cheat sheet.
10. Seen anything weird lately?
See #8. News story on eyeball jewelry.
11. What do you think of this quiz?
Better than some.
12. What is the last film you saw?
On DVD: The Truth About Cats & Dogs. In the theaters: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Which was excellent, I might add.
13. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
A plane ticket to Florence. And the necessary travel expenses for traveling all around Italy and Greece and eventually the rest of Europe and beyond.
14. Can you tell something about you that no one knows?
Yes, I can. But I won't.
15. Do you like to dance?
Not really; I'm too self-conscious.
16. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
I've always liked the name Amanda.
17. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
I like the name Caleb.
18. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Where do I sign up and when can I leave?
| posted by Barbara | 12:22 AM