Barbara's Random Thoughts

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Top 10 Actual Excuses from Reviewers

I am blatantly plagiarizing this list from a co-worker who shall remain nameless. She's actually received all of these excuses from textbook reviewers during her time as an Editorial Assistant. Enjoy. You couldn't make these things up if you tried.

10. Unfortunately, I got a horrendous flu-like cold while at a conference, and this knocked me down for about five days.

9. After reading the "profiler" attachment necessary, I have decided not to do the review. I don't feel comfortable giving out all of that personal information.

8. Every single time I had a block of time to do this the last couple of weeks, the computer thwarted my attempts.

7. In my head, I had thought that it was due by May 15th, but Saturday would be an odd day for a deadline.

6. An hour and a half at the dentist slowed me down this morning.

5. Best-laid plans o' mice and men gang aft a-gley, I'm afraid. I'll send it either tonight or tomorrow morning. Company's coming over. Sorry!

4. Between classes, my car has broken down and is in the shop and the tax return deadline, I may need an extension of a couple of days.

3. My air conditioner went out at my house and I have spent the day having it looked at, which has delayed the completion of the review.

2. Last week and this weekend brought unforeseen fires to put out in my life as a composer. I did not want to rush a review of your work, so I did not finish.

And everyone’s favorite...

1. I am afraid that I will not be able to meet today's deadline for review of the text. We have recently had a faculty member murdered by a student which has slowed things down here a bit.
| posted by Barbara | 1:51 AM