Barbara's Random Thoughts

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Towels

I like to keep my bath towel in the bathroom. I always have--it's a pain for me to remember to bring a towel with me into the bathroom in the morning. I have on more than one occasion forgotten my towel, and remembering it halfway through my shower does no one any good. And so, ever since I moved, I have wanted to put up another towel bar. The one towel bar above the toilet isn't sufficient for anything but hand towels.

So, on Friday night, I put up the extra towel bar. The new towel bar with my bath towel hanging on it is located to the left of the sink. The towel bar with two hand towels on it is on the right of the sink. I have a strategy here--the hand towel for general hand-drying is right next to the sink, and the one farther away is my face towel. That way, I don't have random people drying their hands on my face towel.

It didn't occur to me to put up a decoy towel to prevent people from drying their hands on my bath towel. But I went into the bathroom last night to find that someone had done just that. This makes no sense to me. It seems pretty obvious that you dry your hands on a hand towel, not on a large bath towel. Especially when there are hand towels, two of them, hanging RIGHT THERE. Sigh. More decoy towels, coming right up...

And on another note, does anyone else find that after you read the word "towel" a bunch of times, it starts to look like it's misspelled? Towel. Towel. Towel. See what I mean?
| posted by Barbara | 8:51 PM