Barbara's Random Thoughts

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Also not in the Bible...

"Love sought is good, love given unsought is better."

I've had this quote running through my head for the last couple of days. For some reason, I thought it was from the Bible...Proverbs, perhaps. I googled it today, and it turns out...it's Shakespeare. Confusing Shakespeare for the Bible, hmmm. Yeah, I went to Biola.

This reminds me of how in high school youth group, Jonathan and I would use quotes from hymns and pass them off as Bible verses. At least we did it knowingly. Sadly, most of the time people wouldn't notice. You can sometimes pass off Ben Franklin maxims as scriptural as well. "God helps those who help themselves"--also not in the Bible. Just FYI. In case you ever come up against me or Jonathan in a youth group debate.
| posted by Barbara | 8:49 PM