Barbara's Random Thoughts

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Looking around, looking forward

Over the past few weeks, I've felt more and more disconnected from my plans for next year. It's like I made the decision to go, and the rest became details to slog through until the time comes. The emotions and the excitement have kind of been folded up and put on a shelf as I've gotten caught up with work, with life here and now.

Right now I'm sitting in a local cafe, here for the sole purpose of free wireless. (Also maybe for the strawberry Italian soda I'm drinking. Italian, you see, because I'm going to Italy in a little over three weeks!!) I meant to log on to the NC site and get some work done on the fundraising chapters I've been meaning to complete. Instead, I'm catching up on email and blogs and links I'd bookmarked to read later. I thought I was procrastinating a bit, but somehow things have converged to remind me of why I'm going to SA next year. Here's what I've been reading:

-A movie review Lucinda sent to me ages back
-Thoughts on missional Christianity from one of the NCSA staff
-Bono's remarks at the 2006 National Prayer Breakfast

It's nice when the excitement comes back. Ok, now I should really get to that fundraising stuff.
| posted by Barbara | 2:22 AM