Barbara's Random Thoughts

Friday, November 03, 2006

Continuing correspondence

Another glimpse into my life as an assistant editor/associate development editor/whatever other job title you want to give me; bring it on. (See this post for the beginning.)

11/1, author:
I will try to get it to you by the end of today. I am pretty sure it can be done but if not, would it be the Wrath of Barbara if I get it to you tomorrow?

11/1, me:
The earlier the better (know what I mean, know what I mean), but I can stay the hand of wrath for another day, if need be.

11/1, author:
Oh you are a saint, an angel, and a goddess of mercy - the new trinity! Thank you. I will still try my best to finish it today. I am adding two new chapters to it. Oh man, this helps a massive bunch.

In case that was not clear, you rock!

11/2, author:
I haven't forgotten about the manuscript. I am working very hard on it right now and I will get it to you as soon as I can (Today is the goal).

11/3, me:
Waiting with bated breath...

11/3, author:
I know, I know.

Barbara, I am pushing as hard as I can to get this thing done. I blew my Wednesday deadline and I blew my Thursday deadline but it was not out of suckiness, it was out of an attempt to put things exactly right. ... With a trillion apologies.

Labels:

| posted by Barbara | 9:26 PM