Barbara's Random Thoughts

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Birthday outing?

I've been casting about for what I want to do for my birthday this year. My goal was to be in another country by then, but that's probably not going to happen that quickly. (Both birthday and being in another country will indeed happen...just not simultaneously.) My 3-year-old nephew was recently elated to discover that he has the same birthday as me, and I will no doubt celebrate his 4th with him, but can't really ignore my own...not this year.

Was thinking of leaving town. Still may do so. But then I found this in a Chapman alumni email today. I just might have to attend (and will then have to add that unread copy of Midnight's Children to my 2008 reading list). Anyone up for it? Kristy? It'll be like Benjamin Bagby's Beowulf! Only much more modern!

Alternately, anyone have other birthday invitations/ideas you'd like to extend my way?

Labels: ,

| posted by Barbara | 3:19 AM