Barbara's Random Thoughts

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Childish

I'm really hungry right now. Sometimes when I get hungry, this song pops in my head, one I used to sing at school. "Hungry, hungry, I am hungry, table, table, here I come..." Today it got stuck in my head, so I googled it. Turns out it's from a Dr. Seuss song called "The Super-Supper March." Apparently there are other verses I didn't know, but here are the words I remember singing:

Hungry, hungry, I am hungry.
Table, table, here I come.
I could eat a goose-moose burger,
Fifteen pickles and a purple plum!
Oysters, noodles, strawberry stroodles,
French fries, fish hash, one red beet.
Lamb chops, wham chops, huckleberry mish mash,
Oh, the things that I could eat!
Deep dish rhubarb upside-down cake,
I could eat a frittered flum.
Hungry, hungry, I am starving!
Table, table, table, HERE I COME!
Finding obscure childhood memories via Google. It's a wonderful thing.
| posted by Barbara | 8:26 PM