Barbara's Random Thoughts

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Update

Since people keep asking, I thought I'd post something here about my job situation. As of September 15, there will be an open Assistant Editor position on my editorial team. I am in the running for the position, but there are two other candidates who will be interviewed next week. My boss has been given the go-ahead to hire someone on Wednesday, so at that point I will know for certain if that someone is me.

With that said, it seems like a sure thing that I will get the job. I've already done some training with Anna, who's the one moving on to a new position. My boss as well as others on the team are talking like it's an almost-certain thing for me. Our marketing manager and production manager have both called me to offer somewhat premature congratulations!

I'm wary of talking like the job's mine, because it's not decided yet. Supposedly one of the other applicants has been here for a year and a half, about 6 months longer than me, so that makes me a little uneasy. And yet, my boss has been very supportive of me getting this promotion, and has commented that there's not another editorial assistant he'd want to hire for the position. Right now, I'm just trying to be patient and not assume anything!

That's where things stand right now, and I'll be sure to update further as things progress next week.
| posted by Barbara | 12:14 AM