Barbara's Random Thoughts

Friday, September 17, 2004

It's official!

I've been promoted! Yesterday afternoon, I was offered the position of assistant editor on the Philosophy & Religion team. Woohoo!

This position will give me more opportunities to work directly with authors to develop their books (what I like best about publishing!). My boss mentioned that he thinks the assistant editor positions on our team are really the best AE opportunities in the company, because of all the opportunities there are to do development work. Since I'm thinking of eventually becoming a developmental editor, it's really ideal for me. Because I'll stay on the team I've been working with for the past year, I'll be able to further develop the relationships I've built with my team and with our authors.

AND, I'll get paid more, and I get an office. Arguably the nicest AE office in our building--it has a window looking out on the front courtyard. I'm not sure when I "officially" start the new position (i.e. get paid the higher salary), but I'm already doing some AE stuff. I feel so grown up. =)

| posted by Barbara | 7:10 PM