Barbara's Random Thoughts

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Curious

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I saw this little blogging meme on several random blogs quite a few weeks back. I will confess that I am a dedicated blog-lurker myself. I prefer the anonymity of silence and don't often comment on other blogs, even those of friends.

I recently put up a little stat counter here. I've now become fascinated by the visitor logs and my attempts to figure out who reads my blog. What a stalker I am! It takes me back to those days of obsessively checking email and post histories on bubbs. Anyway, I'm curious to see who's out there. Some of you comment occasionally. I know Heather's out there, too...and there are others who've mentioned reading my blog.

I must say that the comment, "So I read your blog..." inevitably throws me for a loop, especially when it comes from someone unexpected. Though there is a certain element of feeling flattered that the person finds me or my random posts interesting enough that they read my blog, I start having to completely re-evaluate what said person knows about me. But I want to know who knows...so...speak up, you.

I will be so dejected if no one comments. Ah, well.

"Who are you?"
"No one of consequence."
"I must know."
"Get used to disappointment."
| posted by Barbara | 12:02 AM