Barbara's Random Thoughts

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Stupidity

I was very proud of myself last night--I drove into San Francisco. In my new car. Anne gave me "Barbara-proof" directions to her apartment, but I did encounter a few hills in my quest for parking. And I conquered them. And I sort of parallel parked on a hill. Not a huge hill, but a hill nonetheless. The hill-free directions didn't take into account the hill at the stop sign from Dolores onto San Jose on my way back to the freeway, but that was conquered as well.

I was so proud of myself, which, I think, is why I was humbled this morning on my way out of church, by unnecessarily, unintentionally, and repeatedly revving the engine while attempting to leave the church parking lot. I blame the large-heeled shoes I was wearing. The clutch didn't feel like it usually does! But I still feel like an idiot.

Somehow blogging my shame makes me feel better.
| posted by Barbara | 10:35 PM