Barbara's Random Thoughts

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Forgetful

I often get good ideas while I'm driving. This is dangerous, as I'll either rummage in the glove compartment for some paper and a pen in order to jot down the idea...or I'll make a mental note of it and then wonder later exactly what it was that I was supposed to remember.

I had a moment like this while driving to work on Monday morning. Two memories came together in my mind, as a great link to some things I've been thinking about lately. It was going to be this great little personal essay with thoughts about missions, what's going on in my heart right now, all illustrated nicely with a couple of little humorous memories.

Then I got to work and discovered that I'd left my laptop at home. ARGH. I did what work I could, sans computer, and then turned around and made the commute again. In the midst of all this, I completely forgot my grand idea.

I didn't even remember that I'd had a grand idea until yesterday, so I figured it was gone completely. It bothered me all day. I kept telling myself it couldn't be such a great idea if I couldn't remember it. But I knew I had been onto something at least.

Then I woke up at 5:00 this morning and remembered. Victory. I turned on the light and wrote down some notes before going back to sleep. I've gotten started on writing, and it's not the stellar, perfect idea that my mind made it out to be, but I've got something going and it feels good. Now I don't feel like such a slacker when I bug other people to write something for the YAF newsletter...
| posted by Barbara | 8:14 PM