Barbara's Random Thoughts

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Have you ever?

I've seen a lot of these "have you ever" memes floating around, but I had fun with this one, so I'm posting it. (Found here.)

HAVE YOU EVER:
Smoked a cigarette or tried it: No. But I have an amusing picture of me holding a friend's cigarette in such a way that it looks like it's mine and I'm ready to take a drag.
Crashed a friend's car: No, just my own.
Stolen a car: No.
Been dumped: No.
Shoplifted: No.
Been fired /laid off: No. Wow, all these no's are getting boring.
Been in a fist fight: Heehee...no, but I remember punching a boy in the stomach when I was in primary school. Oh, wait, two boys, on separate occasions. Sadly, I can't remember why.
Snuck out of your parents' house: Nope. Snuck in, perhaps, after curfew, but not snuck out. =)
Been arrested: Nope.
Gone on a blind date: Kind of.
Lied to a friend: Yeah, probably.
Skipped school: I was home schooled through high school, so this only really applies to college for me. Still, I never skipped a class until my 4th year of college, and that was so I could help Laurie when she was freaking out about her Seminar presentation. Ah, English Seminar.
Seen someone die: No.
Been to Canada: Yes.
Been to Mexico: Yes. I think.
Eaten Sushi: Yes.
Met someone in person from the internet: Haha...kind of. Does bubbs count as "the internet"? If so, then: David and Julie.
Taken pain-killers: Yep.
Had a tea party: Does it count if it was a tea party with dolls when I was little?
Cheated while playing a game: I always used to cheat when playing solitaire with real cards. So unethical of me. I just couldn't be bothered to re-deal the game when I got stuck. I was only cheating myself!
Fallen asleep at work: Um, no.
Used a fake ID: Nope.
Felt an earthquake: Of course! My family moved to La Mirada just before the big Whittier quake in 1987. Welcome to California! I always thought earthquakes were fun when I was a kid.
Touched a snake: Yes.
Been robbed: Not really, though I had to cancel my credit card earlier this year due to a mysterious string of charges that were not mine.
Petted a reindeer/goat: Yes. Isn't that what petting zoos are for?
Won a contest: Yep. I won 2nd place for a story-writing competition in top year at St. Audrey's (can't be bothered to figure out what American grade-level that translates to). Won 2nd place for a piano competition once...5th or 6th grade, I think. And 2nd place for a poetry competition in grad school. I see a pattern forming here...
Been suspended from school: No.
Been in a car accident: Yes, two--one as a passenger, one as the driver (I rear-ended someone and totally took out the front end of my car, while the other car was fine. That led to a car-less summer for me. Very sad.) As a side note, my former car (the Geo) has been in two accidents without me--it got hit twice while parked. Poor, departed Geo.
Had braces: Nope.
Eaten a whole pint of ice cream in one night: Nope. I'd be far more inclined to eat a ton of salty-type snacky stuff!
Witnessed a crime: I don't think so.
Swam in the ocean: Of course!
Sung karaoke: I think the only time was in jr. high, at Forest Home one summer, together with a bunch of girls from my cabin.
Paid for a meal with only coins: No, but I have paid for stuff at K-Mart with only coins. Late night trip to Super-K, accompanied by Heather and her piggy bank. That was awesome.
Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose: Heh, no, but my brother tried to remedy that this weekend. He was unsuccessful.
Been kissed under mistletoe: Nope.
Crashed a party: Does Biola's senior banquet count? In '98, Kristy was graduating and I was not. I went to the senior banquet anyway. Another friend was SO annoyed with me. She wasn't graduating either, and her date PAID for her to go...but I just showed up and walked in with Kristy, and no-one cared. That night was so much fun! Kristy, remember kidnapping Tim?
Worn pearls: Yes.
Jumped off a bridge: Nope.
Ate dog/cat food: Heehee. Yes, when I was really little. My mom tells this story about being on the phone, watching helplessly from just out of reach as the cat went after the meat defrosting on the counter, and I went after the cat food.
Kissed a mirror: Nope.
Glued your hand to something: No.
Done a one-handed cartwheel: No.
Talked on the phone for more than 6 hours: Nope. I've hit the over 2-hour mark a few times, but that's the closest I've come.
Didn't take a shower for a week: Nope. There were some days-long stretches of no showers when I traveled through Europe on bunches of overnight trains in a row, but not a stretch as long as a week.
Picked and eaten an apple right off the tree: Yes. (Did this with tangerines on Sunday!)
Been told by a complete stranger that you're hot: Hahaha. This summer, in Kibby's (AWESOME chip shop in Chepstow) there was an old man in front of me in line, who wouldn't stop looking at me and telling me how "lovely" I was. Just...ew. Compliments like that from old men (especially when accompanied by a British accent calling you "love") can actually be sweet. But not this guy. He WOULD NOT STOP staring at me, and it was creepy.
| posted by Barbara | 11:33 PM