Barbara's Random Thoughts

Friday, November 11, 2005

I don't know why I'm doing this.

Probably because I CANNOT concentrate today. The lack of concentration does not have anything to do with the subject of this post, just so you know and so I don't get comments asking me if there is "someone special" in my life. I'll get enough of those questions when I'm at GHBC at Thanksgiving/Christmas. Ok, then.

I came across this on one of my favorite reads today: "What constitutes sexy in a member of the opposite sex?" So, here you have the list on what makes a guy sexy--from this girl who makes boring sexy.

Wit. Ability in verbal repartee is way up there on my list (see, it's at the top!). A healthy dose of sarcasm/dry humor is also appreciated.

Leanness. Lean is probably my ideal body type. I'm a small girl myself, so that may be part of it...I don't want to be dwarfed. Not too tall, but lean and maybe a little lanky/long-limbed.

Blue eyes. Green works, too. Beautiful eyes get me every time. Add to that a smile that lights up the eyes, and that can totally melt me.

Dark hair. In combination with fair skin and those blue eyes, preferably.

Self-assured. I don't mean cocky. Definitely not cocky...but comfortable with being himself, not focused on what he can do so people will like him. A kind of quiet confidence, someone who doesn't have to be the center of attention.

Glasses. I love a guy in glasses. Maybe it's the bookish/intellectual connotation.

Hands. (Yes, he must have hands. Ha. Sorry.) There's something about hands. Strong, but a little slender, with sort of long fingers. And certain gestures...I don't know if I can pin this one down, but there's something about hands that attracts me.

There's also something about the way a guy's arms look in long-sleeved t-shirt. Not a baggy shirt, mind you...a little more fitted.

The back of the head. I don't know why. I love it when a guy's just gotten a haircut, and the hair on the back of his head is all short...and I have to restrain myself from running my hands through his hair. Kristy can attest to this--she heard all about the obsession I had in college with the back of a guy's head.

A guy doesn't have to fit all of the above--I've been attracted to my fair share of non-lean, non-bespectacled, non-dark-haired guys. But put all of the above in one guy, have him pay me a little attention, and I'm gone.

Of course, there's more to attraction than finding someone sexy. Faith is the top deal-breaker for me (as in, deal's off if we don't share a common faith), that's just taken for granted. I was going to say that doesn't so much play into the sexy, but then that line from Raising Helen popped into my head: "I'm a sexy man of God and I know it." A line that doesn't fall under my definitions of witty or self-assured (notice, cheesy is not on my list), but there you have it anyway. I'll stop now.
| posted by Barbara | 2:33 AM