Barbara's Random Thoughts

Friday, April 28, 2006

Embrace the Lame

As noted yesterday, today is Embrace the Lame Day! Here, for your reading amusement, is a list of lame things about me. Don't laugh at me; I'm Embracing the Lame.

1. I own and still enjoy listening to this Wilson Phillips album. Yes, I have it on CD. Shut up.

2. I have an unhealthy level of love for Alias. Still. I know the show's been kinda lame for the last few seasons, but that doesn't stop my Alias love. (And I swear, it's not just because of Michael Vartan. Sigh.) I own and wear a "Who's Your Spy Daddy?" t-shirt, and I read the recaps and occasionally the fan forums on TWoP.

3. I know all the lyrics to DC Talk's Free At Last album, by heart. (And I do mean all.)

4. I own the extended edition DVDs of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy. I saw all these movies on opening night, and watched them multiple times in theaters. I've considered having a LOTR marathon, in which all three movies (yes, extended editions) are watched back to back. But I haven't yet found anyone else who is as excited by the idea as I am.

5. I read and thoroughly enjoyed Good in Bed.

6. I love the Traveling Pants books and was very indignant about the complete travesty they made of Lena's storyline in the movie.

7. I watched the entire first season of American Idol and still harbor a little resentment that Tamyra was voted off. I never saw From Justin to Kelly, though. Lines must be drawn somewhere.

8. I can't count the number of times I've been to the Sound of Music Sing-a-long at the Hollywood Bowl. I have yet to participate in the costume parade.

9. I will watch movies that I already own when they are shown on TV. Crappy reception and commercials, whatever. It's an event. I love it.

10. I have devoted much time and thought to the theory of The Continuum, discussed here, here, and here. Someday Kristy and I will assemble it in its entirety, and then the world will finally see the inherent likeness between such diverse faces as Robin Williams, Steve Zahn, and my brother-in-law. (It's all in the mouth.)

Now, it's your turn. Let out the lame for the world to see, that we may all glory in our lameness together! Post a list on your blog, or throw out a few items of your own here in the comments. Embrace the lame within!
| posted by Barbara | 6:22 PM