Barbara's Random Thoughts

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Suffering for Jesus

I'm getting to the part in the plans for South Africa where I apply for a visa. I have the FBI clearance, I sort of have a flight reservation (or will shortly), and thought I was ready to send everything out. Until I talked to Katie today and she said something about the letter from her doctor. Aw, crap. Something else I have to do. So I logged onto the NC site today, and started making my little list of what I need to still obtain. Visa application, passport photos, evidence of financial support, blah blah blah. And then I got to the "letter from the doctor" item and noticed this note that somehow I had overlooked before: "You will also need a TB test."

You have no idea of the fear this strikes into my heart. Seriously. I'm still a bit shaken.

Are you guys kidding? A TB test? I SWEAR that wasn't on the list before, because I would TOTALLY remember that. Arthur? Did you guys sneak that in after I applied? Because I'm having second thoughts! (And I'm only half kidding.)

This girl's scared of needles, yes. But this girl's FAR more afraid of TB tests. I had to have one when my family moved back to California when I was 9, and it was the single most horrible experience I have ever had at a doctor's office. The evil nurse took away the stuffed animal I had brought with me for comfort. I don't want to talk about it.

I once jokingly said that I didn't think God would ever call me to go somewhere that would require me getting shots. Very funny, God.
| posted by Barbara | 2:36 AM