Barbara's Random Thoughts

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Give this post a chance

The phrase: "Give ____ a chance" has become a running joke for me. Someone commented to me in November (about a guy I'd just barely met) that I should "give [him] a chance." This baffled me, as I didn't know he wanted a chance. There were no "chances" being offered or denied. Anyway, this comment has continued to amuse me, and I will now frequently say that I need to give something "a chance," especially at incongruous moments. About the party over the weekend: "Give Trivial Pursuit a chance!" And last night, making my lunch for today: "Give tuna a chance!" Yes, I'm strange.

I came across John Lennon's "Give Peace a Chance" in my computer's music library recently, and it made me laugh. Then last night, driving home, I saw a billboard for the iPod Shuffle: "Give Chance a Chance." Heehee. I don't know why this is so funny to me. But it is. Come on, give me a chance here!
| posted by Barbara | 8:42 PM