Barbara's Random Thoughts

Monday, May 01, 2006

April showers bring May flowers

Last Sunday, I wore my new yellow skirt and yellow flip flops to church, and was asked to explain the wearing of such items on a gloomy and cloudy day. I said I was hoping to hasten the arrival of spring. Well, I think it worked. The weather was BEAUTIFUL this weekend.

Reasons I believe spring has arrived:

-Short sleeves are now the order of the day.
-I took a sweater to church yesterday and never put it on.
-My flannel sheets have been put away.
-Today is my second consecutive day of wearing a skirt and flip flops.
-I purchased a pink tank top yesterday. PINK! Barbara doesn't do pink. Clearly, spring must be here.

This was a low-key weekend, but nicely balanced between laziness and social-ness. On Saturday, I slept late and made waffles for lunch. Then I caught a matinee of Akeelah and the Bee with Jenn & Lori, before heading out to dinner and a play with two friends from work (thanks, Jess!).

Then Karen dragged me shopping with her yesterday after church. As shopping goes, the Stanford shopping center was a good choice. We wandered in and out of shops, enjoying the sunshine and admiring the beautiful flower-filled planters. (We also debated whether foxgloves and hollyhocks are the same things or not. I was mistaken. They are indeed different things, and these were foxgloves.) I deepened my fascination for ankle-strap shoes, but resisted the temptation to buy.

I got in a good evening phone chat with Heather, and another with Elise later last night. Then I made my bed with non-flannel sheets and went to bed with no socks on. (Yet another reason spring must be here.)
| posted by Barbara | 8:41 PM