Barbara's Random Thoughts

Thursday, January 05, 2006

2005: Blogged

I've been meaning to write this post, but with the busy-ness of the last few weeks, it's languished in the back of my head and hasn't made it onto the blog. David did a version of this, and I've seen similar posts elsewhere, so this feels a bit like jumping on a bandwagon, but oh well. Here you go: 2005 in posts from this here blog, however self-promoting that may be.

In January, I began the year with some thoughts for the year to come. From February, some thoughts on vocation and making a difference. And from March, a post on friendship, connecting with others, and putting down roots.

Some bookish posts: I went to an Anne Lamott reading, and I ranted about Oprah's book club. In April, I attended a retirement reception for one of my English professors from Biola.

From May, some posts on God's pursuit of my heart.

In June, I went whitewater rafting for the first time, and I said goodbye to a dear friend in July.

And this post still makes me laugh.

I spent time in Wales in July and August, and I finished out the summer with the purchase of a new car and an introduction to the world of driving stick shift.

In September, I enjoyed a trip to Yosemite with YAF, and in October, I went backpacking for the first time. I blogged about a friendship I'm thankful for, and a song I can't stand.

I discovered Rosie Thomas's music early in the year, and got to hear her in concert in December. And I'll round this out with a Christmas post.

2005 was a good year...a year of trying some new things, putting down some roots and deepening some friendships. Not too many big changes, but perhaps the inklings of changes to come. Here's to 2006.
| posted by Barbara | 8:52 PM